What is Go South Africa all about?
Go South Africa was started during Covid-19 Lockdown when international tourism faced a crisis of epidemic proportions. With travel being restricted not only to local provinces but also internationally.
Domestic tourism had been stagnant for a few years because of inexpensive travel internationally and more South Africans were visiting overseas destinations, whilst South Africa itself had so much to offer.
It then became apparent that we, as South Africans, love to travel and especially tell everyone about our experiences. With the upsurge of social media, we found the gap everyone has been waiting for – Reward for Referral.
Not only does it assist with giving business to the venues and activities but it also keeps them on their toes.
There are different ways to join and enjoy the benefits of Go South Africa.
Go South Africa is about getting more South Africans to explore our own country. Looks like its going to be a while before we start to visit those exotic lands again so lets get out and see what our own country holds.
This website offers a range of benefits to you with the intention of growing the South African domestic market. We are doing this through the following initiatives
- Searchable listings of accommodation and activities throughout South Africa. Click here
- A FREE R1000 Travel voucher program where we gift you with the credit to spend a bit more while you are on holiday. Its a simple concept that saves you money and gets you out exploring
- One of the best things about travel is sharing your experience on social media. Well how cool is this. You can now be rewarded for your word of mouth and social media postings and build up credits which you can redeem for your next holiday. You get to talk about the places you liked best and if you refer enough business your next stay is free
- Some social media people are even blogging before they stay and that way they are traveling for free.
- Become part of the Go South Africa travel club and get membership benefits at the places participating. It might be a free bottle of wine or a discounted rate. Right now membership is free but that will not be for long. Even then at R125 per year you get your money back redeeming your first benefit.
- Take part in the competitions. There have been some incredible prizes that have been won, quite a few that are still active and new prize giveaways are being added all the time
For tourism product owners
GoSouthAfrica.co.za has been set up to provide support and strategies for hotels, B&Bs and tourism partners with real and practical tools to help manage this unprecedented tourism crisis. Its FREE to list your business and attracts ZERO commission. It even integrates with Nightsbridge at no cost at all.
The idea of this website is to provide a number of solutions to pivot and grow your tourism business into the domestic market. My hope is that you will be able to limp through and survive this crisis.
I am Andrew Attwood owner of Antbear Lodge so I am in this with you and these are the things I am implementing, some with instant success and some that play a longer game. Our lodge relied for the most part on international guests and now we need to pivot into the domestic market. As owners and managers, you are probably trying to work through this crisis alone. My experience is that collaboration makes things a lot easier so this is my start at collaborating with you. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.
My domestic strategies available through GoSouthAfrica.co.za:
- A free listing with a link to your website. There is no risk, enquiries go directly to you and there is no commission charged. This is a no brainer
- Once listed you can opt in to a number of strategies targeted to the domestic market
- Become part of the FREE R1000 travel voucher program. Essentially we distribute vouchers with a value of R1000. These vouchers are effectively a R1000 discount off your rates. You can determine your own T&Cs.
- Create your own loyalty and referral program. Get your guests to spread the word and earn credits for a future stay for themselves. You can setup your program to suit your needs. At the end of the day its more domestic bookings
- Implement a contact-less check-in procedure. Whats great about this is that you capture your guests details digitally.
- Get involved in our destination marketing platform. Its about donating your empty beds and using this giveaway to encourage travel and generate awareness of your destination. Of course you product gets that extra exposure too.